POOL/PARK is a chic cafe on Niijima, one of Tokyo’s seven outlying islands where time passes slowly. Just one street over from the beach, it’s the perfect location for enjoying the clear, sapphire waters. A great atmosphere for chilling out, they also serve delicious food made using fresh local ingredients.
Former warehouse near the ocean that was converted into a chic cafe.
POOL/PARK is a 10 minute drive from Niijima Port, or 9 minute from Niijima Airport, and situated at the very end of the road at Maehama Beach. The white walls and terrace outdoors match perfectly with the clear blue sky and surrounding greenery.
Inside, you will find long tables and relaxing sofas, making for a very calming atmosphere.
Their popular menu that uses plenty of local ingredients from Niijima island.
Photo by POOL/PARK
POOL/PARK uses generous amounts of locally grown ingredients. In order to serve fresh vegetables to customers, there’s even a farm at the back of the store to grow vegetables.
Using such fresh ingredients, the menu features loco moco, hamburgers and pasta, daily specials, summer specials such as rice bowl topped with marinated red squid caught locally and many more.
Photo by POOL/PARK
Boutique next door sells items with limited availability.
Next to the cafe is POOL/PARK’s other establishment, a small boutique selling original pieces as well as local items that are only available on Niijima island. A perfect stop for picking up souvenirs.
Also available at the store are limited edition t-shirts of the annual summer festival ‘WAX’ that takes place on Wadahama beach.
POOL/PARK, a place where you can relax and enjoy island time in a fashionable atmosphere. A great place to stop by for a break.
Address: 2-9-23 Motomura, Niijima-mura, Tokyo
Phone: (+81) 04992-5-0048
- accommodation2017.08.13World Travelers And Locals Mingle At Caravan Flake, An International Guest House In Izu Oshima
- culture2017.07.06Treasure Hunting On An Island In Tokyo!? A Look Into Rogaining On Oshima Island.
- activities2017.06.13Oshima island Sightseeing and Nature Must-Sees
– Exposed Strata, Fudeshima Island and Habu Port Lookout (South and Habu Port Area)
- culture2017.05.31One Month Only! Music Events At WAX: Summer Beach Parties At Niijima Island